Thursday, February 14, 2013

Chapter 4 Summary and Response

                  In chapter four, Jack paints his face before he goes hunting. He believes this is a sign htat he should be incharge. Ralph notices Jack's change in behaviorand becomes angry as well as jealous. The group notices a ship, but hten they realize that the fire went out and it was Jack's fault. Jack tries to cover it up in a way by saying he killed a pig. The group was happy they had meat, but yet Ralph was angry about the fire.

                    I think Jack should've kept a better watch on the fire or asked somebody else to help. If the fire would've still been smoking, the ship would've seen them and could've rescued them. Being stuck on the island would be torturous. I can understand why there would be fighting. I also understand why Ralph feels like everything is all on him. He has to carry a lot of weight on his shoulders. He leared this from the building of the shelters.


                                                                                          - Megan King

No comments:

Post a Comment